Advancing Standards in Party Wall Surveying
2 Day Course
Party Wall Surveyor
DURATION: 2 days
COST: £730 (VAT not applicable) see breakdown below
CPD: 15 hours
Note: To ensure a high degree of focus and interaction, we will normally take only six people on each course
This course is suitable for:
- Surveyors and architects
- Engineers: Structural, civil, geotechnical and environmental
- Anyone with a good building knowledge or a background in an allied discipline
It is directed both at those seeking to pursue a new and challenging career in this facinating field of work and practicing party wall surveyors who wish to update and expand their knowledge.
Discounts are available when booking more than one place.
This course can be run in-house. Please contact us for further details.
Course Description: The aim of this course is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the the Party Wall etc. Act as will enable delegates to act confidently and competently in the role of a party wall surveyor. It considers the Act in depth and identifies the many anomalies/grey areas within it. Although the course focuses on the interpretation of an Act of Parliament and the duties of a party wall surveyor which devolve from it, everything is explained in straightforward terms. Teaching is based on best practice, the sometimes differing views of party wall surveyors and lawyers, and case law, which underpins much of the process.
- Defining Party Fence Walls, Party Walls and Party Structures
- Detailed consideration of the works to which the Act applies
- Notices – content and the necessity for service
- The effect of undertaking work without notice – trespass, injunctions etc.
- The appointment and function of party wall surveyors - awards, appeals and fees
- Ownership in terms of the Act and why it is important
- Unnecessary inconvenience; Compensation for loss or damage; Rights of entry
- Payments between owners; Security for expenses
Delegates will be provided with a web-link which provides free access to approximately 5000 pages of archived reference material. Printed copies of two comprehensive workbooks – ‘Course Notes’ and ‘An Introduction to the Basic Principles of the Act’ are provided for the course.
The £730 course fee is made up of:
PartyWallSurveyors.org reserve the right to alter the course content without notice.