Security for Expenses: What can Security cover?

Section 12(1) of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 ("the Act") provides that an adjoining owner "may serve a notice requiring the building owner before he begins any work in the exercise of right conferred by this Act to give such security as may be agreed between the owners or in the event of dispute determined in accordance with section 10".